Thursday, February 2, 2012

iPods in the Classroom: The 21st Century Learner (Part 1 of 7)

As an educator, I want to meet the needs of my students. I want them to be engaged and motivated. I want them to love the learning process. As I think about the type of 5th grader I was, I realize that my students are very different from students 20 years ago. Our students have a world of information at their fingertips. Our students can navigate through technology better than many of their parents. Our students want to create things and work together. It's my responsibility to help them get there. There are so many days in the week that the LRC is bustling with students using iPads at the tables, or a classroom using the SMART board in the Eagles' Nest, or students typing their papers in the computer lab. There are times that I would like to use the resources, but we just don't have enough to go around in a day. I want to take a risk and try something new. I want to see my students connected all of the time and see what they create. I want to integrate iPods into my classroom to further differentiation and encourage collaboration. I'm going to have you take a look at how some schools and classroom have integrated iPods into the classroom and have changed how education looks. I want to show you four apps that will promote differentiation and support collaboration.

First, let's take a look at a profile of today's learner:


Next Series Post >>

No comments:

Post a Comment